Canada is a country in the North American continent located right above the United States and is known as a largely advanced country. The demand for people to travel to Canada has been steadily accelerating in the last few years, but many people wonder how they can get to Canada.
What’s a Canada Visa?
It’s an authorization for you to travel to the country and stay either temporarily or permanently. Getting a visa to Canada means that the Canadian Consulate or Embassy in your home country has decided that you’re eligible and fulfill the conditions for entry.
What are the Canada Visa Types?
– Visitor visas
– Student visas
– Work visas
– Permanent Residence visas
– Business Immigrant visas
– Express Entry Program visas
To apply for a visa to Canada online, you should follow these steps:
- Find out if you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Most citizens of non-European Union countries need a visa, while some countries are exempt and only need an eTA.
- Apply online. The quickest and easiest way to apply is online. You’ll need to have access to a scanner or camera to produce electronic copies of your documents and a valid credit card for payment.
- Gather the necessary documents to submit with your application. These may include your valid passport or travel document, a recent photograph, a letter of invitation from a family member or friend in Canada, proof that you have enough funds for your stay, evidence that you have ties to your home country, etc.
- Submit your application and pay the fee. The visitor visa fee is $100 CAD. However, you’ll receive an application reference number, If you apply online.
- Wait for your application to be processed. The processing time depends on various factors, such as the country from which you’re applying, the number of applications received, document verification, etc.
- Provide your biometric data if needed. In most cases, you must now provide your fingerprints and a photo (biometrics) after applying. You should make an appointment at a Visa Application Center (VAC) or a U.S. Application Support Center (ASC) to provide your biometrics. The biometric fee is $85 CAD.
- Submit additional documents or information if requested. You may be asked to submit additional documents or information to support your application, such as a medical certificate, a letter of explanation, proof of medical insurance, etc. You should follow the instructions you receive and submit the documents as soon as possible.
- Receive your decision and visa if approved. You’ll receive an approval letter and a visitor visa in your passport or travel document if your application is approved. However, you’ll receive a letter explaining the reasons for the rejection if your application is rejected. You should check that your visa is valid and contains the correct information before traveling to Canada.